Strategic Thinking – Operational System
Operational Management Techniques Of A Company
Discuss the operational management techniques of a company
Learning Outcomes Tested in this Assignment:
- Propose and implement operational management techniques to maintain and improve core business processes
- Critically evaluate the contribution made to business effectiveness through quality management practices & supply chain procedures.
Critically discuss the operational management techniques of a company of your choice by answering the following questions:
- Critically describe & analyse the value chain of your chosen organisation, (diagrams may be used). Discuss the strengths and weaknesses of each. (30% approx. 600 word)
- Critically evaluate the contribution made to business effectiveness through supply chain procedures and quality management practises. (30% approx. 600 words)
- Reflect on your findings from question 1 & 2 and suggest a proposal of operational management techniques for the company to implement to maintain and improve core business processes. (40% approx. 800 words)
- When selecting your company make sure you have access to as much operational management information as possible. Discussions will take place in class. Please discuss with the lecturer if you are having trouble.
- You are required to review the academic literature in order to discuss the possible weaknesses that may occur within the value chain and, then, consider how such weaknesses may affect the performance of your chosen company
- You may not choose the following companies:
- Please note the word “critically”, which means you must base your report on a good many source and you must compare and contrast the assertions of several authors.
- You must not copy from your sources.
- You must reference your academic sources & organisational sources appropriately within the text, using the correct format.
- You must not depend only upon Internet sources (excluding journal articles) for your information.
- You must check your work for language or typographical errors before submission.